The Spirit of Adventure Foundation
Founded in 2010 by Colin Mortlock
“To influence modern societies to become a global civilisation based on love and unity with Nature.”
The Foundation believes that human potential for personal growth is remarkable. This is providing that the individual consistently aims to live with integrity according to conscience.
- Underline the importance of having a positive and adventurous approach to life, along with careful evaluation of all experiences.
- Inspire individuals to look carefully at how they live.
- Work out how best to achieve personal potential in all positive senses – physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually.
- Promote awareness of the importance of spirit as the basis of the human adventure.
- Encourage people to become more aware of self, others, and the world in which we live; to recognise especially that there is an underlying unity to everything natural, including human beings.
- Inspire people to learn to be as honest as possible and to accept freedom with responsibility.
The Foundation promotes
- Understanding of the importance of adventure experiences in the natural world for people of all ages and backgrounds.
- The value of experiences in Nature to counteract major problems within societies, especially anti-social behaviour, violence and drugs; obesity; mental stress; health problems; egotism, greed, and arrogance.
- Self reliant expeditions and frontier adventure for all young people.
Links - Forging Connections
The Foundation is committed to building bridges with organisations, (local, national and international) that are dedicated to making the world a better place.
- Public Speaking and lectures
- Designing and facilitating values based workshops
- Interactive Conferences - Schools, Colleges and Universities, Adventure and Sports bodies
- Creating and designing Spirit of Adventure Programmes
- Influencing politics: locally, nationally, and internationally
- Promotion of SOA philosophy through website, e-newsletter, Facebook, Twitter
Schools and Outdoor Centres
The values expressed by the Foundation are universal and timeless. They are relevant to schools and outdoor centres across the globe.
These values include accepting all the virtues and wisdoms as ideals, along with a love of wild Nature
Applied with enthusiasm, these values can enrich not only the curriculum but the community that is the school or centre. These values celebrate all that is positive about each person, yet also work for the common good and towards a better world.
The Foundation therefore warmly welcomes approaches from both schools and centres to explore the possibilities of achieving “Spirit of Adventure” status.
Business and Commercial Enterprises
Organisations interested in becoming Associate members are welcome to approach the Foundation.